Don’t Let the Flu Get You!
The flu (influenza) is an infection of the nose, throat, and lungs caused by influenza viruses. Every year, seasonal flu viruses cause illness, hospital stays and deaths in the United States. There are many different flu viruses and sometimes a new flu virus emerges to make people sick.
Click here to learn more about the different types of flu viruses.
Click here for VIDEO
Symptoms of the H1N1 and seasonal flu include:
- Sore throat
- Runny or stuffy nose
- Body aches
- Some people also may have vomiting and diarrhea
Flu Prevention is as easy as 1 – 2 – 3!
You can help prevent getting and spreading the flu by following three easy steps.
1. Get your flu vaccine. CeltiCare covers flu shots with no copayment required. You can get yours from your PCP or at a CeltiCare participating pharmacy. You can call your pharmacy to confirm their participation in the flu program. Or, go to one of the pharmacies in the chains listed below. Click on the links below for locations near you that offer flu shots.
- Rite Aid
- For a complete listing of all CeltiCare participating pharmacies that also provide flu shots, click here. Note that the list is organized by city.
* Please remember to bring your CeltiCare Member Identification Card.
2. Keep your hands clean! Wash your hands with soap and water often.
3. Take everyday steps to prevent the spread of germs. Cover your nose and mouth when you cough or sneeze. Don’t touch your eyes, nose or mouth. Avoid contact with others when they or you are sick.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends that everyone 6 months of age and older should get vaccinated against the flu as soon as the vaccine is available. For more information on flu prevention, visit the CDC website.
Remember to follow your doctor’s advice. If you have any questions, call your doctor.
Still have questions? Call CeltiCare Member Services at (866) 895-1786, TTY/TDD: (866) 614-1949, Monday through Friday, 8 am – 5 pm.